New Members Welcome!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CUSTOM WALL DIORAMA Iraq

Go down

CUSTOM WALL DIORAMA Iraq Empty CUSTOM WALL DIORAMA Iraq

Post  Piranha. 2nd January 2009, 6:04 pm

Hello everyone this the first post to this area of discussion I hope this site gets many more members its great to see an Australian 1/6 talk forum opened like this one.
Full credit to Adrian you've done a wonderful job mate!

I hope you all had a great! Christmas and even better new year!

Now a little about myself well I am a motor sport photographer by trade many years under my belt!
I have just became a new dad back in November last year (smiles on my face).
I have been into collecting 7" figures for years and have only just got into
1/6 scale and have about 8 1/6 figures 4 military rest horror movie ect.
I tend to do most custom work I start with a figure and clothing and make
belts,bags,watches,ammo clips,holsters and accessories myself.

Today I have to show you a new diorama I just completed.

It is based on the Iraq landscape with destroyed building I have left this diorama wide open with somewhat low walls remaining to highlight the soldier figure.

I made This diorama for my new Hot Toys Military series USMC SNIPER OPERATION IRAQI FREEDOM MCCUU DESERT BDU VERSION LIMITED EDITION.

Its made from mostly polystyrene packing foam textured
the base is made from board.
Total cost 2 hours $6.00.

Building process
the texture it is a 3 layer process.
first pick the color you want the brick or ground to be for this i used a tan color oil base paint thinned with mineral turpentine. The paints color will determine the end result Apply paint to surface (a few layers works well)
then very quickly apply a very thick coating of washed,dried and sieved fine river sand (not beach sand) leave the sand on for about 3 minutes then shake off excess allow to dry in the sun. When dry lightly brush off any loose sand.
and cinnamon is the next step apply by blowing small amounts of cinnamon onto the area just a pinch at a time and there you have it!! couldn't be easier. This method works great for everything from brick walls ground,paving and also road surfaces. if the sand is not fine enough use a mortar and pestle the grind it finer (but be careful if the sand is to fine it will just clump and will look awful.

I HOPE YOU LIKE IT I DO.

CUSTOM WALL DIORAMA Iraq 5y8bk0

CUSTOM WALL DIORAMA Iraq Fve6ah

CUSTOM WALL DIORAMA Iraq 2diq90p

CUSTOM WALL DIORAMA Iraq 2d9uv7p

And here are the shots with my Hot Toys Military series USMC SNIPER OPERATION IRAQI FREEDOM MCCUU DESERT BDU VERSION LIMITED EDITION.

CUSTOM WALL DIORAMA Iraq F4lk0o

CUSTOM WALL DIORAMA Iraq 14y33mg

CUSTOM WALL DIORAMA Iraq 2co5r0z

CUSTOM WALL DIORAMA Iraq 4kwbp2

Piranha.

Back to top Go down

CUSTOM WALL DIORAMA Iraq Empty Re: CUSTOM WALL DIORAMA Iraq

Post  wackywheelz 2nd January 2009, 7:26 pm

A little time (a spare evening), a little imagination and a few dollars = Very nice base, I like!! The figure looks great too, I really need to get some desert equipment and weapons... sometime soon lol.

Thank you for your contribution, and the kind words. I just figured we have nothing like this thats Aus-based, and thought I'd go ahead and be the one to do it

wacky
wackywheelz
wackywheelz
Admin

Back to top Go down